The Club Championship is run throughout the year for all members of Cotswold Model Car Club. The classes are:
Electric Ready-to-Run Cars
17.5T ‘Blinky’ Touring Cars
13.5T ‘Blinky’ Touring Cars
13.5T ‘Boosted’ Touring Cars
Open Modified Touring Cars
1:10 I.C. (200mm Touring Cars & 220mm GT)
Other classes of 1:10 scale vehicles, 1:8 scale vehicles and Bikes may be catered for if there are a minimum of 5 racers in that class, i.e. there are enough drivers to marshall the next heat, and if the timing of the day allows for an extra heat. If you wish to race another class to what is advertised, please contact the committee to give a ‘heads up’ to the organisers.
Unfortunately we do not run Large Scale classes (1:5 scale) at our club meetings.
1. Only Cotswold Model Car Club members qualify for the Club Championship.
2. Each club meeting will feature qualifying rounds, 1x 10 minute final for IC classes and 2x 5 minute finals for Electric classes. Drivers can score a maximum of 100 points in each final depending on finishing position (i.e. 1st position scores 100 points, 2nd scores 99 and so on)
3. Scoring rounds are calculated on the ‘Half + 1’ principle. For 2017 there are 13 club meetings, so 7 club meetings will count towards the driver’s score.
4. Drivers must race at least 7 club meetings in order to qualify for the Club Championship.
Electric Ready-to-Run Cars
5. Cars should be ‘box stock’, i.e. the mechanical and electrical/electronic components of the car should be as they came in the purchased kit. No ‘hop-ups’ are allowed unless in the opinion of the club’s committee they enhance the car’s reliability. Allowed hop-ups and other allowed aftermarket parts such as batteries will be published here as the class develops.
Electric Touring Cars
6. Cars should be 1:10 scale, 4WD, with a maximum 190mm track width. LiPo batteries should be 2S hardcase packs. Bodyshells should be 1:10 scale ‘Touring Car’ bodyshells (e.g. Mazdaspeed 6, LTC-R, Blitz GSF, etc). For electric classes a minimum weight limit of 1350g and be complient to all other BRCA rules for electric Touring Car. Any rubber slick tyre is allowed.
7. 17.5T ‘Blinky’ Touring Cars – must use a 17.5T brushless motor, and must not use any form of ESC timing (‘Blinky’ mode). Physical motor timing is allowed.
8. 13.5T ‘Boosted’ Touring Cars – must use a 13.5T brushless motor. ESC and motor timing are allowed.
9. Open modified Touring Cars – any BRCA approved modified motors are allowed. ESC and motor timing are allowed.
1:10 I.C. (200mm Touring Cars & 220mm GT) cars
10. Cars should generally conform to the BRCA construction rules for 1:10 I.C. Circuit cars (both Touring and GT classes)